Tuesday 4 May 2010

I have become a Mac user

My old Windows PC, after almost 5 years of serving us at home with the occasional interruptions, finally decided that it was enough. Lately it was giving us some problems which, made me buy an external HDD to keep a backup. But a couple of weeks ago no amount of restarting managed to make it come back.

So anyway, for a while I have wanted to get a Mac, and now that I needed to buy a new computer seemed like the best opportunity to finally take the plunge. So I went to the Apple website to check the MacBook Pros. No one can deny that Apple knows how to make their products look good and sexy. After checking carefully the MacBook Pro pages for a while, and after being convinced of all their design features, specs and amazing technological advances, the only thing stopping me from making the decision was the price. I searched the Internet looking for reviews about these machines that would justify spending the extra money, and found rumours about the release of new MacBook Pro models. Well, lucky enough the rumour was true and the very next day these new models were released. They had bigger HDD, more RAM, faster processors, increased battery life, and the best of all they were $200 less! That was enough to make the decision and buy a shiny and new 15-inch MacBook Pro. Yippee!

I ordered the new machine and two days later this beautiful computer was already at home.

No comments: